New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Login to web UI via Firefox

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
ian

Login to web UI via Firefox

Post by ian »

I have had a strange problem at home for a while. If I login to the web UI via Firefox, my username/password is not recognised. If I change the rendering engine to Internet Explorer using the IE Tab add-on, I can log in without problem, so the problem is somehow caused by Firefox itself. It's not a serious problem, but it is very strange, and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and/or found out what the cause is...?

Cheers, Ian.
6feet5

Re: Login to web UI via Firefox

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi Ian,

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you really sure you're using the same user name/password in the two environments?

I made this mistake recently when I forgot I had changed the password in Linux and suddenly wasn't allowed to log in from Windows. The password had the same length as before and it took some time before I realized what the problem was (blaming micros~1 and what not, before I realized I was the culprit :-))

/Johan
ian

Post by ian »

Hi Johan,
good point, but this is unfortunately not the case.

I am only logging in from my Win XP laptop, and my Windows username/password works in IE, Firefox with IE rendering (using IE Tab add-on) and Google Chrome; it only doesn't work from Firefox with Firefox rendering activated. As I said, it's not serious, but it certainly is a bit strange...
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

Strange one.

How about log in to your bubba with ssh, then (as root):

Code: Select all

tcpdump -nASs 0 'port 80'|grep 'submit=Log.in'
This will print a line with your user id and password, so you can compare what is actually sent during log in with the browsers.

/Johan
ian

Post by ian »

I logged in as su, and then tried the tcpdump command you suggested, but got a "command not found" error...

I have successfully logged in from work via the Internet from Firefox with FF rendering, and not experienced the same problem as at home...
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

Tcpdump is probably not included in the excito repository. You need to change to the debian repository and install it from there.

/Johan