New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Need better webmail! Suggestions?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
rootdude

Need better webmail! Suggestions?

Post by rootdude »

Hey Guys -

I'm looking for some suggestions for a better webmail app for my bubba - ilohamail is just too rudimentary for my use - I've tried to install Horde - but once installed, I can't seem to locate the interface to configure it. Can anyone suggest a good webmail application that they've used and tested on their bubba that might make me happy?

Greets from Florida...

Stac
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

I installed Squirrelmail when my Bubba was new and I've always been happy with it. Only problem is that it's a bit too heavy (meaning it takes a couple of seconds between me clicking on a mail and me actually reading it).

/Daniel
rootdude

squirrelmail

Post by rootdude »

So, just an apt-get install squirrelmail will do the trick? Do I need to remove iloha? What is the default URL to access it after installation?

Thanks!
Stacey
DanielM

Re: squirrelmail

Post by DanielM »

rootdude wrote:So, just an apt-get install squirrelmail will do the trick? Do I need to remove iloha? What is the default URL to access it after installation?
This is where our problem starts. Over a year has passed since I installed it, and I simply doesn't remember exactly how I did it . I don't remember it being very hard though, so I can imagine that I probably installed it the way you describe. :oops:

/Daniel
rootdude

Post by rootdude »

Damn... well I installed it and the installation reported no dependency problems, but once I tried to access the URL http://hostname/squirrelmail and authenticated, the interface was incomplete (only showed a couple of mailboxes - no email, etc. ) so I know there's at least a step or two missing.

Any thoughts? Can you remember anything at all?

TIA,
Stac
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

First good tip is to run squirrelmail-configure (as root) and see if you can find anything there :wink:

I'll pm you my /etc/squirrelmail/config.php, you might compare it to yours and see what differs...

/Daniel
wanderer

Re: Need better webmail! Suggestions?

Post by wanderer »

In Linux Magazine, Nov 2009, there's a short feature on RoundCube, http://www.roundcube.net, wiki at http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki
(ilohamail.org says that RoundCube uses Ilohamail's IMAP backend code.)
I haven't tried RoundCube yet, but it gets a good review as being stable, well-AJAXed and intuitive, with more features than the minimalist Squirrelmail.