New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

partition up the hard disk?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
trencarbe

partition up the hard disk?

Post by trencarbe »

The installation image partitions up the disk with a system and a user partition. Can I for some yet unknown reason add more partition onto the hard disk?
How do I do that?
rewien

Re: partition up the hard disk?

Post by rewien »

trencarbe wrote:The installation image partitions up the disk with a system and a user partition. Can I for some yet unknown reason add more partition onto the hard disk?
How do I do that?
That was my idea, before purchasing bubba two.
If there's a way to create partitions and still have them when you have to reinstall bubba two, that would be perfect!

This would let you be able to use part of youre hard disk on bubba as back up.
aswel as not losing all your data or having to backup them to some where else and then replacing them back to bubba, when having to reinstal bubba two.

Rewien
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

The next release of the installer will have options to disable the format of the "/home" partition, thus not erasing the local saved data.

We are working hard to release this together with a software update as soon as possible, hopefully in a couple of days.

/PA
rewien

Post by rewien »

pa wrote:Hi,

The next release of the installer will have options to disable the format of the "/home" partition, thus not erasing the local saved data.

We are working hard to release this together with a software update as soon as possible, hopefully in a couple of days.

/PA
Hello Pa,

Will it be possible to create any number of partition and be able to manage them?

Rewien
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

The configuration will only handle the default setup of the disks, so if you change any of that, the installer will most likely fail.

Basically, what you can do with the config-file for the installer is to tell it to not do some of the standard things, ie not partition the disk or not to format the disk.

/PA
rewien

Post by rewien »

pa wrote:Hi,

The configuration will only handle the default setup of the disks, so if you change any of that, the installer will most likely fail.

Basically, what you can do with the config-file for the installer is to tell it to not do some of the standard things, ie not partition the disk or not to format the disk.

/PA
Hello Pa,

sorry I'm new to Linux.
let's say I changed something and caused bubbatwo to crash, and I downloaded the recovery image of bubba two.

from there on how could I disable it to format my disk completely, and let it ony format and instal bubbatwo's operating system?
so that my data stay's intact

Rewien
pa

Post by pa »

Hi,

Inside the install-directory there is a file called "bubba.cfg"
Edit this file to suite your needs.

/PA