New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Hibernation? Wake on Lan?

A collection of tips on howto tweak your Bubba.
jantangring

Hibernation? Wake on Lan?

Post by jantangring »

Can I make Bubba hibernate? Or does it Wake on LAN?

What I actually want to to is to let him rest most of the time, since he actually only works at midnight doing some backups.

So – any suggestions of how to make bubba rest and then only wake up at midnight to de a little work is welcome!
Cheeseboy

Re: Hibernation? Wake on Lan?

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi jantangring,

First off: your post is in the wrong place.
This is where you inform other people on how you accomplished amazing stuff, not where you ask questions.
Please post your question in the correct support forum, and then indicate what machine you are asking about.

FYI: I tried WOL on the Bubba1, and it did not work. I have not tried it since on the Bubba2 or B3....

Cheers,

Cheeseboy
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

I can't really see the point given its low power consumption.

Also, you're seriously under-utilising your Bubba :)
Last edited by RandomUsername on 01 May 2011, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

whether you think its usefull is not really the topic of this thread. Most threads discuss things somebody here find less usefull, but the OP apparently does like it.

But the adition I want to make is that wol may wake it up (if it works) but you cannot shut it down simply via the shutdown command. You nee to activate some funky setting in proc first or else it will stay in zombie mode and stil eat 10W.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:whether you think its usefull is not really the topic of this thread. Most threads discuss things somebody here find less usefull, but the OP apparently does like it.
Well, to be honest... I'd love to move this thread to the appropriate place. But since I'm not quite sure which Bubba version we are actually talking about here I don't know where to move it. So I thought I'd simply wait for the original poster to say something more, something indicating the version. Which would save me from having to move it twice 8)

/Daniel
enrique

Post by enrique »

Is there any chance to wake up other server's in the network with B3? And if yes, how?!

Many thanks
Erich
Cheeseboy

Post by Cheeseboy »

Hi,

Yes, there is an old thread about it here somewhere. Search for 'etherwake'.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk