New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Magnetlinks on B3

Good ideas? Share with us!
duke_h3

Magnetlinks on B3

Post by duke_h3 »

Hi, are there any plans to support magnetlinks ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_URI_scheme ) on the B3?
AzP

Re: Magnetlinks on BT

Post by AzP »

Same question from me.
Nöbbe

Re: Magnetlinks on BT

Post by Nöbbe »

+1
rxmd

Re: Magnetlinks on B3

Post by rxmd »

Alternatively, could you just change the default torrent client to Transmission?
That would not only make magnet links work, but also DHT and all sorts of other nice BitTorrent features.
Sanctus

Post by Sanctus »

This would be nice!
AzP

Post by AzP »

Isn't Transmission GUI only?
HnLn

Post by HnLn »

re transmission, there is already this thread:
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3496
johannes

Post by johannes »

Yep, we are looking into changing the entire downloader to something more feature-rich. We will look into this after a few other updates we are working on now.

(Also note that DHT already is there, but has to be manually enabled in the config file).
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

now that TPB has changed to magnet-only Im tempted to give this a +1 as well
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Ubi wrote:now that TPB has changed to magnet-only Im tempted to give this a +1 as well
Oh, darn... Yep, this means problems... I never saw any reason to use anything but ftd, but now I don't know...

/Daniel
AzP

Post by AzP »

TPB? Is anybody actually still using that? Isn't it much better to use isohunt or some other site that collects all other sites?
Or an invite/member-only community which has much greater speeds and zero-day releases?
mprs

Post by mprs »

+1 from me...

Anybody have a guide on how to install and use Transmission, on B3 now?

Regards
Martin
Best Regards
Martin Spliid
B3 (Linux Newbie)
klintan

Post by klintan »

AzP wrote:TPB? Is anybody actually still using that? Isn't it much better to use isohunt or some other site that collects all other sites?
Or an invite/member-only community which has much greater speeds and zero-day releases?
I took four different and quite recent torrents from isohunt and but the download just didn't start. So Isohunt seems less reliable than TPB.

And as for member-only communities there is one big problem - you need an invite :)

I used hexagon.cc a lot but that site seems to be down nowadays.
AzP

Post by AzP »

I know several member-only sites that doesn't require an invite, but you do need to apply for a membership in most cases, and you only get one if the site hasn't reached maximum capacity. I recommend you to look around a bit, you might find a great one =)
nobody

Post by nobody »

I like TPB even though there are alternatives. This forum section is completely filled with requests for software for which there are ample alternatives. Why not this one?

Besides, there is a good chance other or even most torrent sites will start using magnetlinks in the future, so the request for magnetlinks to be supported by the B3 is not unreasonable.