New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Lost admin page

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
tpouti

Lost admin page

Post by tpouti »

I cant even see my admin page any more.

My goal is "configuration 3" in user manual.
I made connections like in the picture, but couldnt see admin page from my PC.
Then I connected B3-LAN to PC-LAN and managed to open admin page.
After same changes I cant see B3 or admin page at all.
The changes I made was
"automatic" to "server only" and
wlan from off to on.

I am a beginner with B3 and very confused, can samebody help me, please.
I know only basics about linux and networks.
RandomUsername

Re: Lost admin page

Post by RandomUsername »

You haven't really given us much to go on. Can you explain how it's all connected (e.g. Do you have a switch in your network). Have you checked what IP address your PC has? Can you ping the server?
tpouti

Post by tpouti »

I tried to connect my PC (windows XP) and WLAN-router/DSL-modem and B3.
PC gets IP from router, it works fine.
When I connected B3 to the router I couldn't open admin page or ping B3-server.
ryz

Post by ryz »

In server only mode you need to know the IP address that the B3 gets and use that IP number to connect to the B3. You can not use the b3 name since the name server you are using has no knowledge of that name. When using the B3 as an router it is the B3 that acts as an name server and it does now of the name b3.
tpouti

Post by tpouti »

Thank you ryz for the answer.
I think I undersund what you mean, but the next problem is that I don't know the IP of B3.
B3 is alive because the wlan I did put on is usable.
So I have two WLAN networks now, but still can't connect to B3.
Is there any way to find out the IP of B3?
Binkem

Post by Binkem »

By default the B3 uses 192.168.10.1 as its ip-adress. You might first try to set your computer to a fixed adress in the 192.168.10.x range and then try ping-ing this adress. Alternatively the B3. Gets an adress from your Router. You may find this in your routers dhcp list. Or you could try a port scanner to see what computers share the same ip-range as your pc.
ryz

Post by ryz »

If does not get any address from the router and uses it default address of 192.168.10.1 I do not think it is enough to set the computer to be in the 192.168.10.x. The routers LAN side must also be in the 192.168.10.x range else it will refuse to forward the request between the computer and the B3. That is at least how I have understand things.

If you can login to your router with an web interface you could probably see what IP addresses it has given out to different devices. Hopefully they are not that many so you could test them all.
How to get the information from the router depends on the brand of the router. You could also see what IP address your computer been given. There is a big chance that the IP number of the B3 is close to that number.
tpouti

Post by tpouti »

I found the list of IP:s from my router, but B3 was none of them.
I tried to build static route from my PC to B3 using 192.168.10.1 with no success.

Fortunately I managed to reinstall.
Now B3 gets the IP from my router.
I don't know why it didn't do it at my first test?

Many thanks for your hep.
The end of the story of Lost admin page.