New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 Z-Wave?

"The best web gui for controlling your home using Telldus Tellstick"
BubbaN00b

B3 Z-Wave?

Post by BubbaN00b »

Hi,

Instead of buying a Z-wave controller unit (Like Fibaro or HomeSeer) I'm thinking of getting a Z-wave USB-dongle and use my B3 instead.

1. Have anyone tried this?
2. Is Z-wave and Linux userfriendly (Like OpenZwave)?

I'm running Tellstick and 1-wire today, but would like to migrate to Z-wave.
DanielM

Re: B3 Z-Wave?

Post by DanielM »

BubbaN00b wrote:Hi,

Instead of buying a Z-wave controller unit (Like Fibaro or HomeSeer) I'm thinking of getting a Z-wave USB-dongle and use my B3 instead.

1. Have anyone tried this?
2. Is Z-wave and Linux userfriendly (Like OpenZwave)?

I'm running Tellstick and 1-wire today, but would like to migrate to Z-wave.
I haven't heard of Z-wave before, but it seems like a nice product, I'd be happy to read about your results after setting it up.

What I can say though that Homeautomation 3.0 that we hope to release soon (beware that "soon" here could very well mean months) have full support for plugins, so if someone writes a Z-wave plugin it could control that as easy as it controls the Tellstick today. Assuming there is working Linux software for controlling the stick, writing the plugin should be very easy.

/Daniel
DanielM

Re: B3 Z-Wave?

Post by DanielM »

I don't know if you're still following this thread, but I'd just like to notice that we've now released HA 3.0 with support for system plugins. There is no plugin for any z-wave stuff yet, but I'd guess that's a question of time :D

/Daniel