New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New product?

How are you using your Bubba Two or Excito B3? Got pictures? Share here!
RandomUsername

New product?

Post by RandomUsername »

What's this then? http://new.excito.org/

Looks like an Apple TV. It also looks like Excito are pitching it at business to business sales rather than direct to consumers. Any official comment?
nobody

Re: New product?

Post by nobody »

I just hope there will be a real B4 as well!
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Kind of looks like they took the concept of squeezebox receiver to do video, possibly with some encryption features added to allow subscription based video on demand?
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

nobody wrote:I just hope there will be a real B4 as well!
+1

AND I hope Excito is too small for the lawyers in America to care about. I'd say that looks like an exact copy of another product I've seen, but that product had some kind of rotten fruit on it.

With that said, it'll be nice to see some real specs, it might be worth looking at :D

/Daniel
johannes

Post by johannes »

Hi all,

Glad to see you are on your toes! :) I just wanted to clarify some things since some of you curious on what's happening.

First, yes, we are working on a new product, as briefly outlined on the new website. I can't give more details just yet but it will be launched to customers quite soon (early next year) so we'll get back with more information then.

Second, this does not by any means that the B3/B4 is dead. The new product is a complement to our product portfolio of networked home media devices, and works (of course) flawlessly together with B3 content. The first offering of this product is for operators.

Sorry for not going in to more detail now, we'll update you when we have more news!
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

Thanks for the reassurances Johannes.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

johannes wrote:Second, this does not by any means that the B3/B4 is dead.
Thansk for the clarification. There are always people that are eager to jump to conclusions 8)

/Daniel
gonk

Post by gonk »

The page mentions "the V1 and the M1" but no further details.
What are those devices and when will they be launched.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Werent these mentioned in that investors briefing pdf that emerged a year ago?
gonk

Post by gonk »

Post the PDF or it didn't happen. :)
NisseJ

Post by NisseJ »

Any news that excito can tell us about this little thing? :)
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

gonk wrote:The page mentions "the V1 and the M1" but no further details.
What are those devices and when will they be launched.
I think the web page explains a lot:
They are essentially mobile phones without screens
And
Add any number of TVs and stereos to your home and control them all seamlessly via any number of devices.
They are media players based on phone hardware and running Android. The page doesn't explain the differences between the two of them, but a (not so likely) possibility could be that they differ on quality of video and sound. My guess is that they are more like master and slave, where you could have one V(ideo?)1 and any number of M(onitor?)1's to let sound and video follow you as you move around the house.
ryz

Post by ryz »

There is some more information to be found here of the new product. But I would say the information is not totally correct. I living in Sweden but this product is nowhere to bee seen yet. But I guess that we should soon get some more information from Excito.
gonk

Post by gonk »

I added a question to them on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/personalcloud