New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B2upgrade

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
beeversf

B2upgrade

Post by beeversf »

My B2is currently on 2.0.5. This is somewhat behind the current release. I wanted to upgrade to the latest. However the update page in admin says I am up to date. Can anyone let me know what to do to upgrade to latest.

I actually want the latest release of LMS.
Thanks
Andy B
RandomUsername

Re: B2upgrade

Post by RandomUsername »

The latest release requires a reinstall. Plenty of posts on this topic if you look around.
beeversf

Post by beeversf »

Thanks for the note. I had hoped this was not the case. I guess I will need to look at the impact on my mail client etc to see if it is worth it.

Thanks.
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

It's fairly easy to reinstall the system without losing your /home partition if it helps.
beeversf

Post by beeversf »

Is there any way I can upgrade the Squeezebox server without upgrading B2? I have a few applications loaded/ built like Roundcube, personal photo album etc not in the /home directory so would need to move all of these. As the box is going well at the moment perhaps an upgrade to squeezebox server is a quicker solution.
beeversf

Post by beeversf »

Well I have managed an upgrade. To get the usb stick to start I needed to remove the network and then reconnect.
Now to re-build the apps starting with roundcube and the x-client.