New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba album locks up

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
drdr6

Bubba album locks up

Post by drdr6 »

I've been trying to use the photo album for the first time and can't get past the web dialog creating an album.

The dialog asks for the album name and comment, and then moves on to a dialog that asks about anonymous access etc., buy that page sticks there with the "loading" icon whirling indefinitely.

I've tried looking in log files and see nothing. Rumaging through the forums here I saw one about
'dpkg-reconfigure bubba-album' - what to answer?
and then tried
'dpkg-reconfigure bubba-album'
to which everything seems to work nicely and I end up with mysqlshow listing "album" correctly.

I'm not sure where to look next for what might be going wrong. Something to do with login/authentication is my guess, but without logging....

Thanks
Derek
drdr6

Re: Bubba album locks up

Post by drdr6 »

Back to this problem; having completely re-installed my B3 I still can't use the album feature.

According to the manual, when logged in as Administrator (= "admin", right ?) I should be able to create album users.

When I log in as admin, I can either start "administration" in which case I get a menu with all the configuration options, as I'd expect, or I get the standard set of Icons. If I press the album icon, I get a blank album page with "viewing album anonymously". If I use the login Icon at the top of the screen, it won't accept any valid login.

Is there a command line way to create album users ? It would sure beat faffing around with the web interface when it's broken
johannes

Post by johannes »

this is strange, I can't explain why it hangs. You should however not use the admin user, try logging on as yourself when doing this. If you can't get past it get back to us and we'll have a deeper look.
/Johannes (Excito co-founder a long time ago, but now I'm just Johannes)
thp

Post by thp »

This happened to me as well on my B3. Album worked perfectly before. Now when I go to the album, it gives B3 logo and "IMAGES" header as usual, but nothing below. No matter if I'm logged in as admin or as normal user, or even not logged in at all, but in album view top corner text changes to "Viewing album anonymously" instead of "Logged in as nn". If I try logging in from the album page, the answer is always "Invalid user/password combination" no matter what the combination is. When returing to home page, login info returns back to normal.

I have tried at least rebooting, apt-get update and dist-upgrade, dpkg-reconfigure bubba-album with option database/not and creating new user. No password is set to MySQL and root password is not changed.

Ideas, anyone? Can I safely remove and re-install album package? Could I change the database file permissions or the album user control?

Just to mention, also FirePlay stopped working same time. No big deal as I'm not using it so much but maybe related? Minidlna works perfectly again after database manual removing and rebuilding.
thp

Post by thp »

Looks like no info. I wonder if there is a way to remove and re-install the whole bubba-album without screwing up rest of the system? It seems to be tied in a bunch of other packages.