New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Dynamic Schedudle

"The best web gui for controlling your home using Telldus Tellstick"
newbee

Dynamic Schedudle

Post by newbee »

Hi
question,
is it possible to get a dynmic schedudle to react faster then the standard "5min"?
Basically i want my TV bench to be powered on once my phone roam to my wifi.. i have it all working but its not instant.. seems to be some built in wait time aproximate 5min for the dynamic scheduler?

any ideas?
Ubi

Re: Dynamic Schedudle

Post by Ubi »

which dynamic scheduler are you referring to? i find your post extremely cryptic.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

newbee wrote:Hi
question,
is it possible to get a dynmic schedudle to react faster then the standard "5min"?
Basically i want my TV bench to be powered on once my phone roam to my wifi.. i have it all working but its not instant.. seems to be some built in wait time aproximate 5min for the dynamic scheduler?

any ideas?
No, that isn't possible in version 2.x (which is still the latest official version). In 3.0 (which will hopefully be released soon) there's a nice api which can be called when something happens.

What you CAN do in 2.x is changing the schedule which runs the dynamic activations. If you (as root) run "crontab -e -u www-data" and change the row that starts with "*/5" into just starting with "*" it will run every minute instead. Not a great solution, but maybe it fits you better?
Ubi wrote:which dynamic scheduler are you referring to? i find your post extremely cryptic.
That is because he is asking in the HomeAutomation forum and you're not enough familiar with making schedules in HomeAutomation :wink:

/Daniel
Ubi

Post by Ubi »

ah sorry, I wasn't looking in what forum I was. Please ignore previous post.
newbee

Post by newbee »

Thanks, well 1min is better than 5 :)
Looking forward to 3.0 sounds amazing.
Seems there are some old version of the deamon checking wifi logon/logoff also since it doesn't react when i leave range, trigger event only when i turn wifi on/off on the mobile device.