New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Typo3 on Bubba?

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
ulf123

Typo3 on Bubba?

Post by ulf123 »

Is anyone running Typo3 as CMS on Bubba?

When installing I get "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3021 bytes) in /var/www/html/typo3/typo3_src-4.1.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_install.php on line 652"

If anyone has a workaround please let me know, otherwise I'll switch to Joomla or CMSimple. (yep, I'm lazy :roll: )
bubbalibre

Post by bubbalibre »

Hi ulf123,

Php has a memory size limit for each script defined in the php.ini file.

You could edit this file (/etc/php4/apache2/php.ini) and modify "memory_limit = 8M" to a greater value.

You'll then need to restart Apache (apache2ctl restart) as root.

If you alone are using the bubba, I guess it's fine, but otherwise, you'd better find another CMS, like Joomla.

Tell us how it worked.
Regards
ulf123

Post by ulf123 »

Thanks bubbalibre, now I got past that problem.

The Typo3 backend administration interface runs extremely slow though.
But I'm very impressed by Typo3, far beyond my needs.

So Joomla is lighter than Typo3? I will give it a try to see if it runs smoother on Bubba.
doubleUS

TYPO3 support

Post by doubleUS »

Now a days TYPO3 requires a lot of memory. Suggested memory: at least 48MB for TYPO3 v4.1.5.

I am also interested in using Bubba server as a development server for TYPO3. How does TYPO3 perform on Bubba with 128MB ram it has lately?

Does anyone has some experience with TYPO3?

grz,

- Wilfred Smit -