New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Upgrading PHP4

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
Mats

Upgrading PHP4

Post by Mats »

Hi,

I'm trying to install sugarcrm 4.5.1e, however that software needs php 4.3.11 or higher and I have 4.3.10-22 installed.

aptitude does not show any newer versions available.

ps.
I've run apt-get update, and upgrade
ds.

Any ideas on how this can be solved ?

TIA

/Mats
tor

Post by tor »

Since Bubba run Debian Sarge or old stable as its also called now. You wont get any newer versions of php that way.

You have a few options. Either install php5 from http://backports.org wich unfortunately conflicts with the Bubba software ie the web-admin ui which requires php4 atm. Otherwise wait for the Excito upgrade to Debian Etch which contains php5.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Mats

Post by Mats »

tor wrote:Otherwise wait for the Excito upgrade to Debian Etch which contains php5.

/Tor
Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a time estimate for when that update will be available ?

/Mats
tor

Post by tor »

Hi Mats,

I can't give you an exact time when we have an etch-installer ready. But we are talking in the comming weeks, if we are lucky.

/Tor
yooakim

Etch installer?

Post by yooakim »

Any comment son when an Etch installer can be ready?

Cheers,
Joakim
tor

Post by tor »

Hi yooakim and others,

Sorry for not keeping you updated on this. As you have understood the upgrade has taken a bit longer than we wanted.

The base-install is more or less working. But we have run in to some problems with a few of our applications on upgrade, for example the upnp server mediatomb wont run with our config when compiled for Etch. This is most likely due to a lot of tools and libraries being upgraded. None of these problems are of any major type but unfortunately takes time to fix.

We are working as hard as we can to get this fixed and will try to get it out the door asap. (Thanks for being so patient.)

/Tor
nb000

debian update

Post by nb000 »

I have a simple question:
the current bubba linux is based on Sarge or Etch?
microcode

Post by microcode »

nb000,

Bubba currently is based on sarge, but the folks at exctio are working on an upgrade to etch.

There are test versions of the etch install images available, as described in this other thread.
Note that these install images will format your hard drive, so make any necessary backups of your data first if you choose to use one of them.

I'm using the minimal etch install and I have not had any problems with it.