New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Gentoo Live-USB for B3 Updated (with Weekly-Autobuild Binhost Backing, including Kernel)

Discuss development on Bubba
sakaki

Re: Gentoo Live-USB for B3 Updated (with Weekly-Autobuild Binhost Backing, including Kernel)

Post by sakaki »

Everything seems to emerge OK so I've added your packages to the weekly autobuild list, and the initial binaries have been pushed to the isshoni.org binhost. To use, first issue:

Code: Select all

b3 # emaint sync --repo gentoo-b3
to pull in the necessary profile changes. Then you should be able to emerge nginx etc. via the binary packages. Let me know if you have any issues with missing USE flags etc., I just built with package defaults.

Best, sakaki
andyb3

Re: Gentoo Live-USB for B3 Updated (with Weekly-Autobuild Binhost Backing, including Kernel)

Post by andyb3 »

I install the packages successfully! Thank you.

Today I was trying to update the system but I noticed that the gcc-5.4.0-r3 compiler was a [ebuild] package instead of [binary]. Is there a way to get this (huge) package as precompiled?

CMD:

emerge -avDuNg world
OUTPUT:

Local copy of remote index is up-to-date and will be used.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[binary     U  ] dev-libs/libbsd-0.8.6::gentoo [0.8.3::gentoo] USE="-static-libs" 223 KiB
[binary     U  ] dev-libs/boost-1.63.0:0/1.63.0::gentoo [1.62.0-r1:0/1.62.0::gentoo] USE="nls threads (-context) -debug -doc -icu -mpi -python -static-libs -tools" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 (-python3_5) (-python3_6)" 10,621 KiB
[binary     U  ] dev-db/sqlite-3.20.1:3::gentoo [3.19.3:3::gentoo] USE="readline -debug -doc -icu -secure-delete -static-libs -tcl {-test} -tools" 692 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3:5.4.0::gentoo  USE="cxx fortran nls nptl openmp sanitize (-altivec) (-awt) (-cilk) -debug -doc (-fixed-point) -gcj -go -graphite (-hardened) (-jit) (-libssp) (-mpx) (-multilib) -nopie -nossp -objc -objc++ -objc-gc -pgo% -regression-test -vanilla (-vtv)" 93,467 KiB
[binary     U  ] app-crypt/gnupg-2.2.0::gentoo [2.1.20-r1::gentoo] USE="bzip2 gnutls nls readline smartcard -doc -ldap (-selinux) -tofu -tools -usb -wks-server" 2,934 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-File-Spec-3.630.100_rc-r2::gentoo [3.630.100_rc-r1::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-Storable-2.560.100_rc-r2::gentoo [2.560.100_rc-r1::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-Sys-Syslog-0.330.100_rc-r4::gentoo [0.330.100_rc-r3::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-Digest-SHA-5.950.100_rc-r4::gentoo [5.950.100_rc-r3::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-Test-Harness-3.360.100_rc-r2::gentoo [3.360.100_rc-r1::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-Digest-1.170.100_rc-r4::gentoo [1.170.100_rc-r3::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U  ] virtual/perl-libnet-3.80.100_rc-r2::gentoo [3.80.100_rc-r1::gentoo] 8 KiB
[binary     U *] net-firewall/shorewall-5.1.7::gentoo [5.1.6.1::gentoo] USE="doc init ipv4 ipv6 -lite4 -lite6 (-selinux)" 5,230 KiB
[binary     U  ] dev-lang/php-7.0.23:7.0::gentoo [7.0.21:7.0::gentoo] USE="acl apache2 berkdb bzip2 cgi cli crypt ctype exif fileinfo filter gd gdbm hash iconv imap intl ipv6 json mysql mysqli nls odbc opcache pdo phar posix readline session simplexml sockets sqlite ssl tokenizer unicode xml zlib -bcmath -calendar -cdb -cjk -coverage -curl -debug -embed -enchant (-firebird) -flatfile -fpm -ftp -gmp -inifile -iodbc -kerberos -ldap -ldap-sasl -libedit (-libressl) -mhash (-mssql) (-oci8-instant-client) -pcntl -phpdbg -postgres -qdbm -recode (-selinux) -sharedmem -snmp -soap -spell -systemd -sysvipc -threads -tidy -truetype -wddx -webp -xmlreader -xmlrpc -xmlwriter -xpm -xslt -zip" 9,203 KiB

Total: 14 packages (13 upgrades, 1 reinstall, 13 binaries), Size of downloads: 122,419 KiB

!!! The following binary packages have been ignored due to non matching USE:

=sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3 -pgo
    =www-servers/nginx-1.12.1 -nginx_modules_http_mirror
    =sys-devel/gcc-4.9.4 -pgo

NOTE: The --binpkg-respect-use=n option will prevent emerge
      from ignoring these binary packages if possible.
      Using --binpkg-respect-use=y will silence this warning.

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No] 
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

andyb3 wrote: 29 Sep 2017, 12:47 Today I was trying to update the system but I noticed that the gcc-5.4.0-r3 compiler was a [ebuild] package instead of [binary]. Is there a way to get this (huge) package as precompiled?

!!! The following binary packages have been ignored due to non matching USE:

=sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3 -pgo
    =www-servers/nginx-1.12.1 -nginx_modules_http_mirror
    =sys-devel/gcc-4.9.4 -pgo

NOTE: The --binpkg-respect-use=n option will prevent emerge
      from ignoring these binary packages if possible.
      Using --binpkg-respect-use=y will silence this warning.
It's because of the new pgo USE flag (commit 0591d59d). This is disabled by default, but is causing Portage to reject the available binary package, because the sys-devel/gcc flagset as a whole has changed since it was compiled. I build things for the binhost with --changed-use rather than --newuse, which is why that has slipped through; per the emerge manpage:
Unlike --newuse, the --changed-use option does not trigger reinstallation when flags that the user has not enabled are added or removed.
I'm rebuilding sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3 now and will push it up to the binhost once available. That new version should install without issue. Alternatively, to use the current one (which is safe to do) you can follow Portage's suggestion above, and do:

# emerge --av --oneshot --binpkg-respect-use=n  =sys-devel/gcc-5.4.0-r3
hth, sakaki
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

Updated gcc has been pushed.
I've also changed the binhost autobuild to --newuse, so this sort of issue shouldn't occur again in the future.
Best, sakaki
andyb3

Post by andyb3 »

Thank you for one more time sakaki! :) Now seems to work fine!

~andy
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

Migration of gentoo-on-b3 systems to Profile 17.0

I have just completed migrating the gentoo-on-b3 weekly autobuild host to profile 17.0 (as this has recently been stabilized for arm). As recommended, all packages have been rebuilt under the new profile, and, to avoid confusion, a new binhost has been created to house these, at https://isshoni.org/b3pie. This is now the binhost that will receive weekly autoupdates, going forward.

The old 13.0 binhost, at https://isshoni.org/b3, will be retained for historical interest (at least for a while), but will no longer be autoupdated.

To upgrade your b3 system to profile 17.0, follow the instructions below.

First, make sure you have at least 2GiB of free space on your B3's filesystem (use "df -h" to check), and that you are using at least version 6.4.0 of gcc (use "gcc-config --list-profiles" to check; look for the version marked with the asterisk). Then, if that all looks good, proceed to update your ebuild repositories, and portage. As root, issue:

b3 ~ # emaint sync --auto
b3 ~ # emerge -av1 sys-apps/portage
Then, switch your profile to 17.0 (e.g.):

b3 ~ # eselect profile set "gentoo-b3:default/linux/arm/17.0/armv5te/b3"
Next, switch your binary package host ('binhost'), to use the new 17.0 variant mentioned above. To do so, issue:

b3 ~ # nano -w /etc/portage/make.conf
and modify the line that currently reads:

PORTAGE_BINHOST="https://isshoni.org/b3"
so it now reads instead:

PORTAGE_BINHOST="https://isshoni.org/b3pie"
Leave the rest of the file as-is. Save, and exit nano.

Now you can update the core build system. Do not follow the advice in the official news article to rebuild gcc, binutils and glibc individually (if you do, you'll end up building them locally, rather than pulling the new binaries from the binhost, which will take a long time). Instead, begin by issuing:

b3 ~ # nano -w /etc/nsswitch.conf
and edit, if necessary, the following three lines so they read:

passwd:      compat files
shadow:      compat files
group:       compat files
Leave the rest of the file as-is. Save, and exit nano.

Next issue:

b3 ~ # emerge --ask --verbose --oneshot sys-devel/gcc sys-devel/binutils sys-libs/glibc
Check (when the above command prompts you for confirmation) that you will indeed be installing binary packages - this is a good indication you have set things up correctly.

Once this completes, rebuild your entire system for profile 17.0. Almost all the required packages should be available on the new binhost you just switched to, so this should only take a few hours (unless you have added many additional packages to the image yourself). Issue:

b3 ~ # nice emerge --ask --verbose --emptytree --with-bdeps=y @world
b3 ~ # emerge --depclean
b3 ~ # nice emerge @preserved-rebuild
then:

b3 ~ # dispatch-conf
to resolve any proposed configuration file changes (for the most part, if you had a reasonably up-to-date 13.0 profile system to start with, typing z to 'zap' (discard) most of these proposed changes should be safe; a lot of packages have been re-installed here, but you want to keep your prior configuration, not roll it back to 'shipped defaults').

Once done, reboot your system. Then log in again as root, and issue:

b3 ~ # genup
Once this has completed, congratulations, you have migrated to profile 17.0! From this point, the automated weekly genup run should keep your system correctly up-to-date.

I'll probably release an updated live-USB image using the 17.0 profile at some point in the next month or so.
Edit: this is now out, please see my post here.

As always, any issues please feel free to post here, or email me (sakaki@deciban.com)

Best, sakaki