New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Gentoo Profile Change from 13 to 17

Discuss development on Bubba
andy_b2_user

Gentoo Profile Change from 13 to 17

Post by andy_b2_user »

Hi All.

It seems that the Gentoo profile needs updating from 13 to 17. If true a rebuild of @ world is required and will genup support this ?

A copy of the news item can be found at
https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-ite ... files.html

Thanks

Andy
Gordon

Re: Gentoo Profile Change from 13 to 17

Post by Gordon »

arm is currently still on profile 13, so at the moment no action is required.
andy_b2_user

Post by andy_b2_user »

Hi Gordon.

That's only part of the Bubba range I have a Bubba 2 which is ppc.

Andy
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Ah! I see. Well, I haven't looked at genup much lately, but I don't think it will automatically switch profiles for you. I'm fairly certain that Sakaki is aware of the situation though and she may push an update to genup that will try to match your current selected profile to its version 17 equivalent.
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

Hi Andy,

apologies for the late reply. I've just completed migrating my gentoo-on-rpi3-64bit image to profile 17.0, but the 32-bit PPC version for the B2 is still on 13.0. I'll aim to move it over soon; when I do, as with the RPi3 image, I'll setup a new binhost (so the pie/non-pie packages don't get intermingled), and I'll also post an announcement here about necessary steps to upgrade (I fought shy of having genup do this automatically for users, because of the invasive nature of the full-system rebuild required).

Best, sakaki
sakaki

Post by sakaki »

Hi Andy,

the 17.0 migration has now been done. To upgrade your system, please follow the instructions posted here.

Best, sakaki