New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 as a security camera streamer ?

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
Clive

B3 as a security camera streamer ?

Post by Clive »

I have been using Raspberry PI's around my place to setup security and webcam streaming. One place I would like to monitor is close to my B3. However I discovered that the kernel on the B3 does not have the modules loaded to support USB video cameras.

Anyone solved this ?

Ironically the RPi's are so temperamental and seem to crash if you look at them the wrong way.... My B3 is just so stable, year after year....

EDIT: I asked the exact same question in 2007 :lol: http://forum.excito.com/viewtopic.php?f ... p=651#p651 Doesn't time fly... :wink:
MouettE
Site admin

Re: B3 as a security camera streamer ?

Post by MouettE »

I can build a kernel with video modules that you could test. If that's successful I'll push to to the official repo. Let me know !
Clive

Post by Clive »

Thanks ! But I will try to build my own. I am just tinkering and this is a good way to learn :-)
MouettE
Site admin

Post by MouettE »

Clive wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 14:08 Thanks ! But I will try to build my own. I am just tinkering and this is a good way to learn :-)
Good. Don't hesitate if you have difficulties, I'll be happy to help you.
csol

Post by csol »

I'm trying to actually find a way to get my webcam to work, but without success so far: it gets listed in lsusb, I installed v4l and i2c, but I get no /dev/video0, so no program works (e.g. motion, cheese, etc) since they just can't see the webcam.

I could not find any package for gspca-source, nor qc-usb-source, despite the fact that I have main/contrib/non-free in my sources.list

Anybody has some clues about what can be done here?