New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

FTD error message

Got problems with Bubba? Then this forum is for you.
rasel

FTD error message

Post by rasel »

Hello,

I saved some torrent files to "torrents" folder and ftd stops working. When I manually starts it with foreground option, it gives this error:

"Unable to stat home directory: No such file or directory"

what is the meaning of this error?

Regards.
tor

Post by tor »

Hi,

You are not doing this logged in as root? The ftd do check the ownership of the file when adding the download. And if you do this as root it will fail since root does not have a home directory in /home

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
rasel

Post by rasel »

Hello Tor,

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes, root account is the cause of this error. I must read a basic linux book soon :)

Now my problem is, when I save some .torrent files using lynx browser while on super user account to the user/torrents folder so that ftd automatically starts downloading them, instead ftd crashes. Past last week after my new bubba arrived, my experience with this FTD program is not so good. It sometimes stops responding or crashes and needs to be restarted. But I downloaded more than 10 files (both torrent and direct link) with success also?

Anyway, I am waiting for the FTD upgrade mentioned on the forum.

Regards.