New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubbamon hits Firefox

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!
finnfix

Post by finnfix »

"RUN_DAEMON" is set to true, but "ps -e|grep hddtemp" does not return anything.

I guess the daemon is running, cause "hddtemp /dev/hda" gives the correct feedback.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

finnfix wrote:"RUN_DAEMON" is set to true, but "ps -e|grep hddtemp" does not return anything.

I guess the daemon is running, cause "hddtemp /dev/hda" gives the correct feedback.
If there is no hddtemp in the ps list the daemon isn't running. "hddtemp /dev/hda" doesn't use the daemon, it works with or without the daemon running.

You should probably start the daemon using "/etc/init.d/hddtemp start" and add it to your default runlevel using "update-rc.d hddtemp defaults".

Any better?
finnfix

Post by finnfix »

Okay... "/etc/init.d/hddtemp start" gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

Starting disk temperature monitoring daemon:socket: Cannot assign requested address
And "update-rc.d hddtemp defaults" gives this one:

System startup links for /etc/init.d/hddtemp already exist.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

finnfix wrote:Okay... "/etc/init.d/hddtemp start" gives me the following error:

Starting disk temperature monitoring daemon:socket: Cannot assign requested address
Ok. Now this is getting beyond my (very limited) knowledge. Someone else?

(You are root when doing that, right?
Eek

Post by Eek »

hi
Could you post the hddtemp config file
and the output of the following?

netstat -an|grep LISTEN
cheers
Eek
finnfix

Post by finnfix »

This is the output of "netstat -an|grep LISTEN":

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3689            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10000           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:443             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     2958     /var/run/dbus/system_                                                                                                                                                              bus_socket
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     2978     /var/run/avahi-daemon                                                                                                                                                              /socket
I'm not sure what you mean by hddtemp config file? Do u mean hddtemp.php?
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

You can find the config file in /etc/default/hddtemp.

Verify it is actually running as a daemon. The file should have a line like:

RUN_DAEMON="true"
Without this line (it may be "yes" instead of "true") the program will not run in the background and it will not work.

/Johan
finnfix

Post by finnfix »

Ah, now its working. The hddtemp config file stated the local LAN address, correcting this to 127.0.0.1 solved the problem.

Thank you for your help, everyone...
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi all,

I've released a new version of my firefox extension BubbaMon. You can get it at the usual address http://thevoid.webhop.info/bubba/firefox
This version contain two new features:

1. Sandboxed connection
This will prevent cookies from being mixed between sessions. This means you can now be logged in as 'admin', while the extension is monitoring downloads made by an ordinary user without one session taking over the other one.

2. A work-around for private trackers.
A guy named Martin Arvidsson has contributed with code for a work-around to the private tracker problem.

This new download method has caused a change to the popup menu, where "Add to bubba downloads" now is a sub menu. This menu now contain two options; Immediate download and Intermediate download. The Immediate download work the same as in previous versions, and Intermediate download is the new method that support private trackers. Note that you can use the Intermediate download for public trackers as well.

Configuring Intermediate mode
In order for intermediate mode to work, you need to have access to a folder that is reachable by a webserver. I would suggest you use your "public_html" folder in your home folder on the bubba, but any folder will do as long as a webserver can access the files.

Here is how I configured it:
1. Start by entering BubbaMon options window (right click the icon in the statusbar and select "BubbaMon options..." or from the Tools menu)
2. "Intermediate as directory" is the name of the folder that will receive the torrent file. I use my bubba so I enter "\\BUBBA\home\johan\public_html" in windows, and "/home/johan/MyBubba/public_html" in linux (my home folder on the bubba is mounted in the MyBubba folder on my local machine).
3. Select this to delete the torrents once they've been picked up by the FTD. This is to prevent others from using your private torrents.
4. "Intermediate as URI" is the URI address as served by the web server. This is my bubba so I enter "http://bubba/~johan".

What happens when you select to start an intermediate download is that bubbamon will initiate a transfer of the torrent file to the folder you choose. The browser will handle all authentication to the tracker and once the torrent has been completely downloaded, bubbamon will start an immediate transfer from your local webserver.

There seems to be a minor problem with the intermediate mode, and that is that sometimes it doesn't work; the torrent is downloaded to the intermediate folder but the FTD doesn't pick it up as it should, but instead says the download failed because the torrent file was corrupt. I'm not sure why this happen, but all I can suggest is to try again. Martin uses a local webserver (not the bubba one) and I think he hasn't had this kind of problem so maybe this is only an issue when storing the torrent in a network folder. If you find out why this happen, please let me now and I'll try and fix it.

Best regard,
Johan Stenarson
Eek

Post by Eek »

great work
thanks
I would suggest to create separate posts in the Announcements section for you new versions, so many people can easily find them and enjoy them.

cheers
Eek
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

6feet5 wrote:1. Sandboxed connection
This will prevent cookies from being mixed between sessions. This means you can now be logged in as 'admin', while the extension is monitoring downloads made by an ordinary user without one session taking over the other one.
This is nice! No more troubles with bubbamon not being logged in because I log out from webadmin. Thanks!
6feet5 wrote:2. A work-around for private trackers.
A guy named Martin Arvidsson has contributed with code for a work-around to the private tracker problem.

This new download method has caused a change to the popup menu, where "Add to bubba downloads" now is a sub menu. This menu now contain two options; Immediate download and Intermediate download. The Immediate download work the same as in previous versions, and Intermediate download is the new method that support private trackers. Note that you can use the Intermediate download for public trackers as well.
Hmmm... I've neer experienced any problems with this, so the only thing this gives me is an extra click when I want to download anything through my Bubba. Would be nice if this new feature would be disablable.

/Daniel

(Is "disablable" really a word? It sure sounds like one... :-)
MartinArvidsson

Anyone else

Post by MartinArvidsson »

DanielM wrote:I've neer experienced any problems with this, so the only thing this gives me is an extra click when I want to download anything through my Bubba.
How many of you feel that this is a problem? (the extra mouseover)
DanielM

Re: Anyone else

Post by DanielM »

MartinArvidsson wrote:
DanielM wrote:I've neer experienced any problems with this, so the only thing this gives me is an extra click when I want to download anything through my Bubba.
How many of you feel that this is a problem? (the extra mouseover)
Ok, judging of the lack of response I guess this wasn't really a big problem for anyone. Guess I'll have to live with it then :-)

My Firefox complains about Bubbamon not being compatible with 3rc1. Any update in sight, or should I just disable the version check thingy in Firefox?

/Daniel
6feet5

Post by 6feet5 »

Hi,

Disable the version check for now. I'm not ready to release anything new yet. As for the extra click/mouseover, I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be a problem to make it a bit better.

/Johan
dave61

Not working for me

Post by dave61 »

Firstly, I am completely new to Linux so please forgive any naivety in my questions.

My Bubba arrived, was unboxed and installed within a few minutes (fantastic). Running the BT client was a big reason for the purchase so BubbaMon is potentially very useful to me but so far, I am having no success with it.

I have managed to install hddtemp, including the editing the .db file, and get it running successfully. It is running as a daemon and I can get a result from the command line from more than one user profile. The default IP and port were used. The PHP file is saved directly in my ~user directory (don't know how to save it anywhere else) so in BubbaMon options I have entered only hddtemp.php.

From the Firefox address bar running //bubba/~user/hddtemp.php gets a 404 message. In BubbaMon itself I see only "undefined undefined". Also, although I have a couple of torrents downloading, BubbaMon shows 0:0 in the status bar and "no active downloads" when I open it.

Help!