New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

Bubba on Qemu

How are you using your Bubba? Got ideas for a cool modification? Share!

Should I write "Bubba-on-Qemu-HOWTO" ?

Poll ended at 14 Feb 2007, 21:55

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
You should create Qemu image for testing/promotion
No votes

Total votes: 0

osa

Bubba on Qemu

Post by osa »

Hi!
It is possible to run Bubba on Qemu! It seems to work fine. I used Debian Etch Installer to unpack bubba.img and http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/arm-v ... -versatile kernel. See also http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php for more information

full-size screenshoot

Where I can find Bubba kernel/initrd ?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi osa,

Cool work :)

We have not yet published our kernel and initrd. Mainly due to lack of time on our side. It is in the works however.

But i however think that you are better of by running the plain versatile kernel on Qemu since our kernel have a few adaptions to fit Bubba hw which is not available, at least not now, on Qemu.

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
Gurriz

Post by Gurriz »

Is this qemu on an i386 computer emulating ARM processor?

I am interested in running qemu emulating i386 linux.

Does anyone know if it´s possible to install qemu emulating i386 linux on bubba?

Post by 9812713 »

I'd like to see the How-to ..

My proposal is this.

I wish for the developers could release a CD ISO + Install of their bubba server code, for the typical home user. Being a newbie to Linux, I love the idea, and how it operates better then Windows. However all my attempts on creating a Home server has pretty much blown up in my face.

I know that everything that Bubba is doing is great, however not having ( $ 400 + CND ) kinda sucks because I really want one.

They could if they wanted, bundle everything, including their main interface, which, I think is the coolest ever, and charge 1/10 of the actual server.

But I guess that all is a pipe dream.
:: Fish ::