New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

New firmware update 0.52.2

Announcements of all software releases for Excito products
tor

New firmware update 0.52.2

Post by tor »

Release notes for Bubba 0.52.2
======================

This is a bugfix only release. Mainly to fix the blacklist problem when receiving email.

How to upgrade
--------------------
Make sure you don't have any activities running such as uploads, downloads, print jobs etc. Then log in as admin in web-ui. Chose "settings" menu entry. Select the tab named "Maintenance", the tabs are only present in newer versions of the firmware. On this tab, or the settings page if you have the old version of the web-admin ui, press the "Update" button located in the "Update software" field. After a while it should say "done" and the upgrade should be complete. In rare ocations, the web-ui can hang when doing an upgrade. In these cases the easiest solution is to use the shutdown/power button to restart the unit.

Warning, if you have modified your apt sources the web-admin ui should not be used for upgrades.

Major changes and new features
-----------------------------------------
* Removes the closed RBL server ordb.org

Updates and minor changes
------------------------------------
* Bugfix, adding multiple fetchmailaccounts sometimes got added multiple times.
* Bugfix, allow "." and "-" in username for smtp authentication.
* Bugfix, fix crash in download manager when adding corrupt torrent files to torrents dir.
* Bugfix, fix crash in download manager when adding torrent to torrents dir as non user.
* Bugfix, make sure all data is written to disk when http/ftp download is complete.
* Change, DHT is not enabled in download manager by default anymore. Has to be manually enabled in config now.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I ran the update and it updated 6 packages successfully.

But seconds later I could not reach bubba through internet explorer.
I restarted Apache which solved this.

But when I log back into web-admin it says I have firmware Ver: 0.52.1-1.

I manually commented out RBL server ordb.org and disabled DHT in download manager a week or so ago. I didn't change these back to there original settings before I ran the update. Would this of caused my problems?
tor

Post by tor »

Hi GaryL,

Those changes really should not have caused any problems. What happens if you try to upgrade again? You had no other sources enabled but the Excito ones?

/Tor
Co-founder OpenProducts and Ex Excito Developer
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

It looks like I have ran the update with the other 3 sources enabled.
I thought I had commented them out before I ran the update, but I mustn’t of saved the file after editing it.

I confirmed that I had commented out the all repositories bar the excito one and ran the update again.

But I now just get the following:

Updating available sources... done
Checking for updates... done
0 package(s) to update.

No packages to update at this moment
yyoZ

errors after "New firmware update 0.52.2"

Post by yyoZ »

Hi,
I did upgrade my bubba wihtout reading your explanations through, and I did it with the web-admin UI, and the three other apt sources. And now that I made the mistake, I can't access the http://bubba/web-admin any more. It asks me if I want to download the index.php file because there is "no program that can handle this type of file"...
I would be gratefull if anybody could help on this matter.
yyoZ
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Bump.

Can your shed any light on how I can recover from my mishap.
JanLarsen

Post by JanLarsen »

I am interested in solutions to this too. Apache is serving me the php files instead of interpreting them.
JanLarsen

Post by JanLarsen »

I finally managed to solve some problems that resemble some of those discribed here. I wrote about the process in this thread. As you might surmise I am no Debian guru, but you might find some inspiration there for messing around on your own. Good luck! :twisted:
yyoZ

Post by yyoZ »

Thanks JanLarsen, it worked for me.
yyoZ
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

i ended up taking the easy but long winded route of reinstalling bubba.

all is perfect now :D
johnberg

Re: New firmware update 0.52.2

Post by johnberg »

Hello I am Johnberg and very green here.

Where can i find the downloadcentre to download this updates?????????????????????????????????????

I googled myself crazy and can't find it.

Thank you very much for reply
carl

Re: New firmware update 0.52.2

Post by carl »

johnberg wrote:Hello I am Johnberg and very green here.

Where can i find the downloadcentre to download this updates?????????????????????????????????????

I googled myself crazy and can't find it.

Thank you very much for reply
The imstall images for BubbaServer sarge can be located at http://update.excito.net/install/bubba- ... image-1.2/

/Carl
/Carl Fürstenberg, Excito Software Developer
http://www.excito.com
support@excito.com