New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 stopped responding and was not possible to restart

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
eramoli

B3 stopped responding and was not possible to restart

Post by eramoli »

Hi All,

When I came home today I noticed that the WiFi coverage from my B3 was gone. I also failed to access it over the LAN and WAN interfaces.

Trying to restart it by pressing and holding the reset button did not result in anything so I was forced to do what one should not do, pull the power cable.

When I look at the syslog I do not see anything special that would indicate why it hanged.

Any proposals on what to look at to investigate why this happened and what to do to stop it from happening again?

I have attached the syslog showing the activities one hour before it "hanged".

Best Regards,
Morgan
Attachments
syslog.zip
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
eramoli

Re: B3 stopped responding and was not possible to restart

Post by eramoli »

Hi Again,

No it happened one more time :-(, the B3 was hanging and did not respond to anything, had to pull the power cable.

The syslog file do not indocate anything this time either. Is there another log file that might contain more/better information?

The additions I have mode to the standard B3 is that I have added IPv6 support as well as enabled IPSec modules in the kernal.

Best Regards,
Morgan

PS
The HDD temperature is between 47 and 50 C, is this too high and could be a reason for the B3 hanging?
DS
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

This has happened to me once or twice but I don't know the reason. Is your B3 up to date? I seem to remember there being a fix for this in a past update.
eramoli

Post by eramoli »

Hi,

I am on version 2.3.2. I just noticed that Excito released 2.4 the 26th of January but I assume you did not refer to that one, or?

I will upgrade anyhow and see if it helps.

/Morgan
RandomUsername

Post by RandomUsername »

No, I was referring to a build prior to the 2.4 release.

It might be worth mentioning what you have running on your B3. I don't have any of the multimedia stuff running on mine so it's not really being over taxed most of the time.
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Do you hear diskactivity when hanging?

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
eramoli

Post by eramoli »

Hi,

Rene: No, the HDD is quite.

RandomUsername: I am currently using it as a IPv4 and IPv6 router. I have also enabled IPSec but not got that fully working yet. I am currently not using it as a media server.

/Morgan