New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

[Solved] Aliases

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
pcrene

[Solved] Aliases

Post by pcrene »

Hello all,

One of my email users gets too much mail/spam , most likely her own fault.
Is it possible to make only an slias active and block/remove the default email adress.

E.g.

User = email

Email@domein.nl is the current situation.

New situation:
New-email@domein.nl
Email@domain.nl is no longer available.

Rene
Last edited by pcrene on 26 Feb 2012, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com
manib

Re: Aliases

Post by manib »

I'm not sure but i think that all users can receive mail in form of username@domain.nl
If you have in /etc/aliases defined something like that:
someuserrealname:username

then your user can receive mail in form of someuserrealname@domain.nl too.
In this case you should just change entry in /etc/aliases to
someotheruserrealname:username

and your user will be able to receive mail in form of username@domain.nl and someotheruserrealname@domain.nl
But if you do not use /etc/aliases than you must assign new username for your (l)ooser.
And start using /etc/aliases.
Because some users have tendency to repeat old mistakes. :mrgreen:
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

You could try ASSP - it's a bit heavy for the B3, but once started it works just fine (I use it myself).

From the project page:
Description

The Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy (ASSP) Server project aims to create an open source platform-independent SMTP Proxy server which implements auto-whitelists, Bayesian, Greylisting and multiple filter methods.
ASSP is different from any other spam filter in that it actively fights spam *before* it gets to your mailserver. Rather than bouncing unwanted emails, which can actually make you become the spammer, it will simply deny the sender to deliver it. Among its features is that you can set trap addresses that will cause the sender's IP to be temporary blacklisted (e.g. root, uucp, an employee that left years ago). Of course that might also blacklist senders that you want other users to still receive emails from, so it's something to use wisely. For your user, you'd want to add her on the reject-All-Mail list in the ValidateRecipients section.
pcrene

Post by pcrene »

Thanks, i will investigate this.

Rene

Edit: removed the user ....
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com