New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

B3 vs qnap TS-119P II

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
scoobynz

B3 vs qnap TS-119P II

Post by scoobynz »

My B2 is about 4 yrs old. Combine a little bit of feeling that the product has paid for itself, frustration at the slow speed of the B2, the feeling that the B2 has been forgotten for the new B3 (no updates) and a lot of boredom at work – i have started looking for a replacement.

In the past I have said to countless people that my B2 was the best bit of kit I owned. I use it to serve web, mail and media as well as a lot of downloading. I was waiting for a B4 to be released and was going to scoop that – however I have now seen this; http://www.qnap.com/pro_detail_feature.asp?p_id=210

As far as I can see it has everything the B3 has plus more, for the same price. 2.0GHz processor compared to the B3 @ 1.2GHz, wake on lan comes as standard and it has lower power consumption than the B3. The possible downsides, but not to me as I have my unit tucked away, are size and fan. I like the fact that additional applications, for e.g. nzbget, rtorrent etc, can simply be installed as compiled packages.

Does somebody know something I don’t, before I wonder off into QNAP land?
pcrene

Re: B3 vs qnap TS-119P II

Post by pcrene »

Hi

I have both.
B1 B2 B3 Qnap 410.

I like the B3 best because of the ease of use default good working email , web and media server.
The Qnap is very solid build also low power but with fan. My main purpose of the qnap is the fact that it adds 8T disk to my B3. The 8T is in raid 5 and keeps the data safe.

Rene
B3 1T + B-Stor 2T, B2 1T as backup
40 users active....
Opensat4all.Com