New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

no sight of bubba

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
nerke

no sight of bubba

Post by nerke »

I cant find my b2 on the network. i have tried several diffrent setups but to no good. I have tried the server/router/firewall setup and having the b2 connected as a server either in the router (Netgear wrt624) or into the switch (Netgear Prosafe Gigabit).

I have moved my network to 192.168.10.* range from 192.168.0.* range (submask 255.255.255.0). first i got the "no connection" on my desktop (Ubuntu 10.04) even though i got the cabel (cat5e) connected. Then i sorted that out i had connection, by give my desktop a static ip, but i could not reach internet or see the b2.

I have tired to plug the b2 straight in my desktop but to no luck.

I thought i was just to trow out the old router and replace it with the b2, but....

Thanks in advance and excuse my bad english!
jallee

Re: no sight of bubba

Post by jallee »

Just follow these instruktion.
http://download.excito.net/web/BubbaTwo ... ation.html
Then you will do all right..
nerke

Post by nerke »

thanks for the reply. to my despair it didn't work. I unplugged the adsl(router/modem)router, b2, switch and desktop (and ps3, radio and tv). waited about an 1 hour and then plugged in the adsl(router/modem)router, b2, switch and desktop with about 20 sek between each. no luck.
the only thing i get is a notifikation from Ubuntu that i am disconnected (not "there is no cable connected"). When i gave my desktop a static ip in the range 192.168.10.2 then i get the "connected" popup but it dosen't matter. i cant ping b2 (192.168.10.1?) and Wireshark just give me a lot of broadcasting from my desktop (and endless "who is 192.168.10.1 tell 192.168.10.2).

so i disconnect as stated above and plugs in my old router with the same cables as b2 and then the rest. voila! business as usual. in the same range (192.168.10.*).
nerke

Post by nerke »

okej, i took the b2 and went to my father to try in his Windows network. plugged in the b2 in the router and voila! it got a ip that i can't connect to. i use the server setup becourse i don't want to fiddel with his network to much.
nerke

Post by nerke »

Called the support. apperently there is a hardware error and its the harddrive thats the villian. the networkled was blinking once every 4-5 seks and that means that b2 can't find its harddrive....