New user's registration have been closed due to high spamming and low trafic on this forum. Please contact forum admins directly if you need an account. Thanks !

problem setting up adsl

Got problems with your B2 or B3? Share and get helped!
user324

problem setting up adsl

Post by user324 »

I wanted to setup bubba 2 as a router, which connects directly to my adsl modem (at the moment I connect directly from my desktop to my modem and I don't have a router), but bubba 2 has no adsl support built in.

I installed the debs for ppp, pppoe and a single needed dependency manually and got it somehow working (don't ask how, it involved copying my old setup /etc/ppp I never know how I got it right over), but now I'm stuck. I have zero debian experience and got the following problems:
- how can I enable adsl at startup?
- how do I need to configure the bubba frontend so that both dhcp for wan and adsl don't collide? Right now I set bubba to server only, but this does not allow my desktop to communicate with servers on the internet if it is connected to the bubba (iptables has no forwarding rules),
- Do I need to keep anything in mind if I want to update my system?

This may be trivial for some people, but for me it's a timeconsuming and tiring task, which involves a lot of switching between the bubba and my desktop, so if you have a easy and correct way to fix my problem, please tell me. Once it's setup and I can access both, it's probably a lot easier for me.

thank you